Hello from South Africa! We are in the midst of spring and warmer weather!! Woohoo! For those of us who love summer, this is a good thing! We are so blessed to have each of you as our prayer partners and with us on this journey! We are also excited to see the Brockelmans’ and the Mitchell’s leaving soon for the mission field! The harvest is plentiful…
Your support this month has gone to help:
- J-Life continue to reach out and connect with youth and churches of South Africa. We are working now on our intake of trainees for 2011. Our training year looks a bit different than in years past. We will have one month training then 7 weeks practical then another set of training then practical and so forth. The trainees will work with the church that sent them or on a team with a host church. This is very exciting for us!
- Allowed me, Liz, to continue serving at Arcon Park Primary school. You may remember there was a country-wide strike of government workers. The strike was put ‘on hold’ for the continuing of school and health services.
- David and I continuing to work with our country leaders in Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland and Malawi. Communication is expensive in Africa either by way of internet or phone. We are grateful for the funds to be able to speak to each of them. David is planning on visiting several of the guys in the next few months. We are so excited for the opportunity to be able to see them face to face. This is only possible through your support.
Continued Prayer for:
- David’s health is improving, but we still covet your prayers. His headaches are less frequent and less severe. Praise the Lord!!
- The exchange rate between the US Dollar and the Rand. It is at its lowest since we arrived over two years ago. This means for us the cost of living and cost of ministry is more expensive than ever. We are trying to do as much or more with less money.
- Matthew and Grace’s school mate, Tyron Warne as he continues to undergo chemo. He is facing a very rough several weeks. Pray for strength for his parents.
- VAC Camp which is a camp that J-Life runs at the end of the year. We will have about 300 youth from lots of churches. Pray for the planning team and prayer for the teens coming. Salvation is here!
We are so grateful for your prayers and support. We are blown away by your sacrifice for us and our ministry and ultimately for God’s glory!